OOPA Member Benefits
OOPA is the ONLY statewide Optometric organization dedicated to protecting your profession across Oregon. That’s why YOU have one of the best scopes of practice nationwide…. And we’re not
OOPA actively listens to our members, constantly building our programs and benefits to meet your needs. Dollar for dollar, OOPA pays dividends for you, your practice and your profession.
Belonging to the OOPA family is your exclusive access to so much… including these benefits included in your dues:
- NEW! Exclusive access to personalized legal services included in your membership dues through Innova Legal Advisors, PC.
- AOA Excel Business & Practice Management Resources [i.e., malpractice insurance, HIPAA compliance, student loan refinancing, group purchasing, merchant processing and more].
- Doctor listing through the national advertising campaign, Think About Your Eyes [TAYE], directly responsible for more than 1.5 million new comprehensive eye exams last year! Plus significant discount to upgrade to premium listing.
- OOPA Board & Committee leaders volunteering their time to serve you in Oregon and nationally at a cost to them of $3,000+ per day out of their practices to represent you.
- OOPA staff and contracted lobby team work hard daily to protect, promote and advance your profession.
- Major discounts for OOPA educational programs – Continuing Education events, including on-line CE.
- NEW! Best practice in advocacy through national AOA Government Affairs enhanced partnership with OOPA. One of only 3 states selected by AOA!
- Access to current legislation issues facing Optometry, including easy “Take Action” messages to Legislators on OOPA Legislative Action Center website.
- New grad and young OD programs and practice transitions support.
- Exclusive Member benefit—AOA MORE Registry
- On-line classifieds for employment and transitions.
- Annual printed & electronic OOPA membership directory.
- Technical support from OOPA staff, 3rd Party, Legislative & Clinical teams to answer urgent & important questions.
- AOA evidence based clinical practice guidelines.
- Para-optometric resources, OOPA CE and networking opportunities.
- Access to significant discounts at AOA Marketplace tools for educating patients and marketing your practice.
- Belong to something that matters! Programs like Infant SEE, Healthy Eyes Healthy Children, Optometry’s Fund for Disaster Relief, Vision USA, Oregon Foundation for Vision Awareness, AMIGOS.
- Young OD Social events – Just for Fun!
And so much more…